Ask our Tyre expert
Are you Confused?
Ask anything & get answer in 48 hours
Recently Asked comfort Questions
- Q.My car rim size is14"A.
For the specified rim size, Continental Conti Comfort Contact CC5-165/80 R14 85H will be a good option as it offers amazing wet performance.Answered 23 Jan 2020 12:52:53
- Q.Hi I have a Ritz VXI, 10 years old and want to upgrade the tyres for city/highway and occasional rides on hill roads. So need tyres which provide me good grip. Please recommend
- Q.I have a Harley superlow 2012 model with a original rear tyre size of 150/60/17 Wud like to replace it with 150/70/17..Would it fitA.
Hi Anil, There will be problems because of the increase in overall diameter as you go for a taller side profile. The SuperLow already has very limited suspension travel. The tyre will brush up against the mud guard when compressed, unless you rework the shockers at the back. Recommendation: Stick with the same size. To improve comfort, see if you can install gel pads on the seats. It won't be cheap but comfort levels will go up. --MaheshAnswered 27 Apr 2017 04:20:01
- Q.Hi Ramit I have 3 questions- 1. I have just bought a new Honda City 4th gen and I want to change it to Alloy wheels. Should I be upsizing the tyres-If yes, please recommend how much I can go for? My requirements would be Better (or at least no difference in mileage), Durability of Tyres and good road grip-I love to drive over 140-160 kmh on highways 2. Which tyre would exactly suit my requirement-Brand and make? 3. I have a Royal Enfield Electra which has done 10,000 Kms and my stock tyres skid a lot particularly when the surface is wet. Is ny upsize possible and also suggest some good tyres for road grip and durability. I only use my bike within city and never run it over 100 kmhA.
Hi Vikram, I will answer your questions in the same order as you asked them. 1. If you want to retain the stock rim size i.e 15", then you should go for 185/65 R15 and in case you want to go for 16" rims then go for 195/55 R16. Both these sizes would give you good road grip and better braking efficiency. While going for 185/65 R15 would have no side-effect, going for 195/65 R16 could have some impact on fuel efficiency. Dueto the added weight of the tyres the fuel efficiency could drop a little, not much but marginally. However, road grip and braking would be more on 195/65 tyres. 2. Considering your usage, you can choose out of Continental ContiComfortContact CC5, Michelin Energy XM2 or Bridgestone MY02 Sporty Style tyre. While Bridgestone would offer better performance and handling, Continental and Michelin would offer better ride comfort and longer tread life. The grip levels on Continental and Michelin are great as well. 3. We never recommend upsizing in case of 2 wheelers unless recommended bymanufacturer. This is because any minor changes with the tyre size could impact the handling and riding characteristics of the bike. Only Royal Enfield people could suggest you an upsize, if any at all. You can go for Ceat Gripp tyre in stock size for better wet grip . RegardsAnswered 12 Jan 2017 09:51:35
- Q.Best tyre for wagon r vximaruti-suzuki-wagon-r-vxiceat-milaze-x3apollo-amazer-4g-life-or-mrf-ztxmichelin-energy-xm2continental-conti-comfort-contact-cc5bridgestone-b290A.
The factory-fitted tyre size of the latest Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Vxi is 155/80 R13 whereas the earlier version had a smaller sidewall and bigger rim size - 155/65 R14. In the budget range, you can go for either CEAT Milaze X3, Apollo Amazer 4G Life or MRF ZTX. However, if you are looking for more comfortable ride quality and better road grip, you can check out Michelin Energy XM2, Continental Conti Comfort Contact CC5 or Bridgestone B290.
- Q.I am using Chevrolet Beat Diesel LS so which size tyre should I use ?chevrolet-beat-diesel-lsapollo-amazer-4g-lifeceat-milaze-x3michelin-energy-xmcontinental-conti-comfort-contact-cc5A.
The Chevrolet Beat Diesel LS comes with 165/65 R 14 stock tyres. You can go with the same size of tyres as the vehicle delivers optimum performance with the manufacturer recommended tyre size. However, you can switch to a new tyre of the same size though. We suggest you pick any of these tyres for your Beat ? Apollo Amazer 4G Life or CEAT Milaze X3 in the affordable range and Michelin Energy XM+ or Continental Conti Comfort Contact CC5.