Ask our Tyre expert
Are you Confused?
Ask anything & get answer in 48 hours
Recently Asked continental Questions
- Q.My car rim size is14"A.
For the specified rim size, Continental Conti Comfort Contact CC5-165/80 R14 85H will be a good option as it offers amazing wet performance.Answered 23 Jan 2020 12:52:53
- Q.Hi I have a Ritz VXI, 10 years old and want to upgrade the tyres for city/highway and occasional rides on hill roads. So need tyres which provide me good grip. Please recommend
- Q.Looking for best tyres for ford EcoSport 205/60r16.. please throw some light on the recommendation. Currently it runs on MRF.A.
Hi Janarthanan, I would recommend that you go for Bridgestone Firestone FR500 tyre for your Ecosport. The tyre offers a very good ride quality and superior traction along with good good durability over rough or un-paved roads. In case you want a better tyre then go for Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 tyre. It would offer even better ride comfort and suoerior handling with exceptional grip. However, if budget is not a constraint and you want to go for something top of line then Michelin Primacy 3ST would be a very good option. This tyre offers an extremely comfortable ride quality, long tread life and excellent grip and handling. Regards, RamitAnswered 02 Nov 2017 10:46:30
- Q.Hi Ramit I have 3 questions- 1. I have just bought a new Honda City 4th gen and I want to change it to Alloy wheels. Should I be upsizing the tyres-If yes, please recommend how much I can go for? My requirements would be Better (or at least no difference in mileage), Durability of Tyres and good road grip-I love to drive over 140-160 kmh on highways 2. Which tyre would exactly suit my requirement-Brand and make? 3. I have a Royal Enfield Electra which has done 10,000 Kms and my stock tyres skid a lot particularly when the surface is wet. Is ny upsize possible and also suggest some good tyres for road grip and durability. I only use my bike within city and never run it over 100 kmhA.
Hi Vikram, I will answer your questions in the same order as you asked them. 1. If you want to retain the stock rim size i.e 15", then you should go for 185/65 R15 and in case you want to go for 16" rims then go for 195/55 R16. Both these sizes would give you good road grip and better braking efficiency. While going for 185/65 R15 would have no side-effect, going for 195/65 R16 could have some impact on fuel efficiency. Dueto the added weight of the tyres the fuel efficiency could drop a little, not much but marginally. However, road grip and braking would be more on 195/65 tyres. 2. Considering your usage, you can choose out of Continental ContiComfortContact CC5, Michelin Energy XM2 or Bridgestone MY02 Sporty Style tyre. While Bridgestone would offer better performance and handling, Continental and Michelin would offer better ride comfort and longer tread life. The grip levels on Continental and Michelin are great as well. 3. We never recommend upsizing in case of 2 wheelers unless recommended bymanufacturer. This is because any minor changes with the tyre size could impact the handling and riding characteristics of the bike. Only Royal Enfield people could suggest you an upsize, if any at all. You can go for Ceat Gripp tyre in stock size for better wet grip . RegardsAnswered 12 Jan 2017 09:51:35
- Q.Dear sir, I want to change tyres of my Swift Dezire Zxi model 2014. I am willing to bit upsize for smooth riding as I drive daily for min 70 km to office. Can I go for Michelin or Continental size 195/65 R15 91V?A.
Hello Rajeev, Go for Michelin Primacy 3 ST or Continental Premium Contact-2 would be good options. You can go for any of them as they both offer a very comfortable ride quality. You can upsize to 195/65 R15. While this upsize will not improve the comfort, it would improve the road grip and braking efficiency as the tyres are wider. RegardsAnswered 19 Dec 2016 11:24:15
- Q.i m thinking change my tyre with yokohama tryes.bcz i m buying new ELITE i20 car . the showroom has recommended yokohama 16 inchs tyre with mag wheelsA.
Hi Narendra, Mag wheels are good, 16 " tyres would be good too and Yokohama is great..so far everything seems to be quite good. Yokohama A- Drive would be a good tyre to begin with. In case you want something better then go for Yokohama S- Drive. However, keep in mind that these are performance oriented tyres. So while they will offer great performance and handling, they will wear out relatively soon as they are made up of soft rubber compound for high grip levels. In case you are looking at something which offers quiet and comfortable ride quality and has longer tyre life then go for Continental Conti Max Contact MC5. RegardsAnswered 14 Dec 2016 10:33:19
- Q.Which model suggested for Mercedes 205/55/R16. ThanksA.
Hi Sharad, Hankook Ventus V12 Evo would be a good tyre to begin with for your Merc. In case you want something better then go for Yokohama Avs db V550. It is a pretty good tyre. If you want a tyre which offers a very comfortable and quiet ride then Continental ContiPremiumContact 2 would also be a good choice. RegardsAnswered 27 Oct 2016 09:46:38
- Q.Hello, i do have Hyundai i10 Sports.. i want to change the tyre . Stock size is 155/80/r13 ,,,, can i use 175/60/r13 or 185/55/r13,, If yes then which brand is best for tyres ?A.
The suggested upsize is 175/80/r13 as going beyond this would harm the performance and longetivity of the vehicle. The suggested tyre is a perfect fit for your car as the silica infused tyre compound makes for superior wet performance and long tyre life.
- Q.which tyre are most suitable for hyundai i10 grand quality wise as well as price wise? Average running is approx 15000 km per monthA.
The wide central ribs provided by the Continental provides for superior handling and controls and the low rolling resistance makes for low fuel consumption.
- Q.Which Tyre is good in industry for my i10A.
Continental CONTI ECO CONTACT 3-155/80 R13 79T is a good tyre and comes with asymmetrical tread pattern for superior wet and dry traction.