Ask our Tyre expert
Are you Confused?
Ask anything & get answer in 48 hours
Recently Asked Questions
- Q.For Ertiga 2016 VXI which tyre is durable and fuel efficient. MRF ZVTV or Ceat Secura Drive or Mileage X3? Also is it true Ceat Mileague X3 will affect car suspension??A.
You can choose anyone between CEAT SecuraDrive (for better braking and grip) or CEAT Milaze X3 (for long tread life and fuel mileage). There are no such feedbacks received from the Milaze X3 tyre buyers with respect to suspension malfunction.Answered 16 Mar 2021 05:33:20
- Q.Need to upgrade ertiga tyres please recombed some best tyres in marketA.
Hi, I would suggest CEAT SecuraDrive tyres for Ertiga. It offers excellent control and comfort and there is also less tyre noise. You can also go for CEAT Milaze X3. Contact tyre dealers in your city.Answered 22 Feb 2021 11:26:05
- Q.Hi,I have been using my Ertiga VDI 2012 model for 55k KM's and the tyres have been become weak due to wear and tear.and so sir please can you recommend me a tyre for my car in one of these: Ceat fuel smart,Ceat grip Ln,goodyear assurance triplemax,fallen sincerity sn835,Apollo alnac 4gs,Apollo amazed 4g life, Bridgestone Firestone fr500, Bridgestone b250, Bridgestone b390,continental conticomfort contact cc5,Yokohama earth 1e400, Bridgestone turanza ar20,Michelin energy xm2,pireli scorpion atr or pireli p4 four season plus.Thank youA.
Hi Abhishek, Well, those are a plenty of options to choose from. So I would try to narrow things down and help you make an informed choice. 1. If budget is not a constraint, then I would suggest Michelin Energy XM2 Or Bridgestone Turanza AR20. While both these tyres would offer excellent wet and dry grip, very responsive braking, superb ride comfort and long tread life, Bridgestone would be a bit more durable on rough roads while Michelin would offer a more comfortable and quieter ride. 2. If you want something economical then go for Yokohama Earth 1. It comes with a silica infused tread compound and hence offers superior wet and dry grip and long tread life. Even the handling and comfort would be very good, albeit not as good as with Turanza or Energy XM2. 3. In case you want something more economical, then you can look at Bridgestone B290 or Goodyear Assurance Triplemax. These tyres offer confident wet and dry grip and adequate ride comfort. Both these tyres offer similar performance, but Bridgestone would offer longer tread life. 4. If you drive over rough/ unpaved roads then go for Bridgestone Firestone FR500. It offers confident grip and performance, and is quite durable to rough surfaces. Also, If I am not wrong then Bridgestone is offering unlimited 2yrs warranty on Firestone tyres. You could check about this on their website. Hope this helps. Regards, RamitAnswered 01 Feb 2018 04:59:43
- Q.Hi, Can u plz tell me which company's tyre will be suitable for Maruti ertiga? And if I want to upgrade the tyre then which tyre size will be more comfortable?A.
Hello Deep, The best tyre would be Michelin Energy XM2. It offers superior ride quality, comfort and long tread life. Its performance on wet and dry surfaces is pretty good. You can also go for Continental ContiComfortContact CC5. It fares equivalent to Michelin Energy XM2 on all levels exceptt that its after sales support isn't as good and the tread life on Michelin is better than Continental. If you want to go for an upsize then 195/65 R15 would be a very good option. It will offfer better road grip and improved braking. RegardsAnswered 11 Apr 2017 11:46:09
- Q.Your take on getting ertiga fitted with 17 Inches tyres? WIll it impact the performance of the vehicle?Don't we have option of option of Yokohama tyres for ertiga??A.
Hi Manish, Yes, you can fit the 215/45R17 tyre size in the Ertiga. That said, I think it's better to switch to 16-inch rim and go for 205/55R16 tyre size. With the 17-inch size the ride quality will get harsh and there is a possibility of damaging the rims if you drive on bad roads. Go for Yokohama A-drive in that size. RegardsAnswered 23 Feb 2016 12:32:48
- Q.hi Siddharth, I own Ertiga vdi model from past 3 m half years. my total for the car run is 53000 km. I have asked Maruti dealer whether i need to change tyres and he has recommended to drive 2-3k km more by looking at its condition...please suggest what should i do? If there is a need shall i opt for bridgestone's B290 185/65 R15 88T Tubeless tyre or is there anything better suitable option ?A.
Hi Rohit, You can inspect the tyre thread depth yourself and decide if you need a replacement. How to check tread depth using 1Rs coin- Place the 1Rs coin between the tread of tyre if the head of ashoks is visible from the side then its time to replace tyres. However, its better to change tyres if you are not feeling confident about their health. Bridgestone B290 is good tyre and you can go for then but also consider Bridgestone Turanza AR20, Apollo Alnac and Michelin Energy XM2. List of tyres available for Ertiga- http://tyres.cardekho.com/maruti-tyres/ertiga-tyres RegardsAnswered 29 Jan 2016 01:13:36
- Q.Best tyre for ErtigaA.
The stock tyre size of the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is 185/65 R 15. If you are looking for a tyre in the economy range you can go for Apollo Alnac 4G S, Apollo Amazer 4G Life or CEAT Fuel Smarrt as they last longer and provide decent fuel economy too. If it is a tour operated vehicle, we recommend look no further and get anyone of these tyres. If you want a tyre which gives you a comfortable ride quality and precise handling, you can look for either Michelin Energy XM2, Continental Conti Comfort Contact CC5 or MRF ZVTV.
- Q.Can we use Breeza tyres to Ertiga?A.
The stock tyre size of the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga MPV is 185/65 R 15 whereas the stock tyres of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza SUV is 205/60 R 16. When calculated, the overall diameter (OD) of the Vitara Brezza exceeds the permissible tolerance of 3 per cent (The OD, in this case, is more than 4 per cent). This makes the change of tyres of Ertiga with the Vitara Brezza as highly non-recommendable ans unsafe for use.