Ask our Tyre expert
Are you Confused?
Ask anything & get answer in 48 hours
Recently Asked Questions
- Q.I have Honda Jazz Vx idtec 2016 model. I wish to upgrade to wider Tyres on stock 15 inch alloy. Is 185/65 r15 feasible.A.
I would recommend you to stick to the stock size as upsizing the tyres will reduce the fuel economy and turning radius of the car. For better performance, consider buying Yokohama A.drive AA01-175/65 R15 84H.Answered 16 Jan 2020 05:59:58
- Q.plz advise i have a honda city idtec is upsizing advisable to 195 60 R15 ??A.
Remember, tyre upsize is not recommended by any car maker, as it affects the overall performance and fuel efficieny of a vehicle. If you agree to the change in terms of performance you can have a go at it. Coming to upsize, the upsizing of tyre for any car depends upon the present tyre size it holds. As you have not mentioned the current tyre size of your Honda City IDTEC, we suppose if the size at present is 175/65 R15, the upsize to 195/60 R15 is acceptable.Answered 07 Jan 2020 11:39:07
- Q.Which is best for Honda Aviator back tyre?A.
There is wide variety of tyres available for the Honda Aviator scooter. There are two tyre sizes found in the Aviator series one is 90/100 10, while the other is 90/90 12. Depending upon the current tyre size you can choose from the given tyres which comprise of Michelin City Pro, CEAT Zoom D, MRF Nylogrip Zapper, Apollo Acti Zip S2, Metro Conti Grip, etc.Answered 07 Jan 2020 12:00:00
- Q.i have honda jazz model2015 Model SVMT i need now one tyre to change which is best make tyre please adviceA.
If we understand your question right, you want to replace one of the tyres out of the four on your Honda Jazz SV MT model. It suggest to keep all four tyres of same make and model as difference in make/model may hamper the performance of a vehicle in terms of braking, handling and wearing of the tyre. If you still want to go for only one tyre change it is suggested to go for the same make/model as the present ones.Answered 07 Jan 2020 12:00:00
- Q.Best tyre for Activa 125A.
There are many tyre choices available in terms of make and model for your Honda Activa 125. It can be fitted with either 90/100 10 or 90/90 12 tyre size depending upon the present size you can pick from Michelin City Pro, CEAT Zoom D, MRF Nylogrip Zapper, Apollo Acti Zip S2, and Metro Conti Grip.Answered 07 Jan 2020 12:00:00
- Q.can i use 185/65/R15 tyre for Honda Jazz?A.
In the question you have not mentioned the Honda Jazz variant of which you seek tyre. Basically it seems you are looking to upsize from the existing OE size tyres. Across the range, the Jazz is fitted with either 175/65 R15 tyres or 175/70 R14 tyres. We suppose that at present your is Jazz is fitted with 175/65 R15, for which you are looking to upsize. First of all, upsizing of a car tyre other than the size recommended by the car maker is not adviced as it hampers the overall performance and fuel efficiency of the vehicle. Considering the aforesaid if you still want to opt for the upsize thing, the tyre you have mentioned in the question (185/65 R15) can be used as an upgrade for the Jazz.Answered 07 Jan 2020 12:00:00
- Q.I have baleno Delta which have been given with 185/65/R15 tyres.I want to upgrade with 195/65/R15 and 195/60/R15.Which size of tyre Should I prefer?A.
Car manufacturers do not recommend tyre upsize as it takes a toll on the performance, fuel economy and handling of a car. Considering the same, if you still want to opt for tyre upsize you can choose the 195/65 R15 tyre size for the existing 185/65 R15 for your Maruti Baleno Delta.Answered 07 Jan 2020 12:00:00
- Q.Hello, i have Honda City 2014 model, my current tyre size is 175 65 15, i want to upsize my car tyres. what size would be ideal for better grip & braking to drive in highway as well as city. i was recommended 185 60 15 as replacement at a local shop, even i felt the same when i looked at the size. i also want to know which brand is good ? thank youA.
The mentioned upsize tyre of 185/60 R15 by the dealer is correct. However, they are two more options you can go with - 195/60 R15 and 185/65 R15. In the dealer suggested upsize, you will get a lower stance which also means your ground clearance will reduce by upto 3mm. In the 195/60 R15 upsize, you will get increased grip and 3mm rise in ground clearance. You will also experience a slight drop in fuel efficiency. This is the best recommended tyre upsize from our side. The 185/65 R15, you will get the maximum increase in ground clearance but it might foul with the wheel wells. The increased sidewall will also look a bit odd. The best tyres in our recommended upsize are Apollo Alnac 4G S, Bridgestone ER60 and MRF Perfinza CLX1.Answered 06 Jan 2020 05:59:29
- Q.Activa 4g which Tyre is best?A.
The Honda Activa is shod with 90/100 10 tyres at front and rear. You can choose any of the tyre as per your budget you can choose from the given tyres: Ceat Milaze (Rs. 1017), Michelin City Pro(Rs. 1200), MRF Nylogrip Zapper (Rs. 1200), Ceat Gripp (Rs. 995), Apollo Actizip S2 (Rs. 1200), Metro Conto Grip (Rs. 1586)Answered 06 Jan 2020 05:42:42
- Q.Hello I m tamil from puducherry, wat is d life time for tubeless tyre in Honda activa scooter, my bike around 24000km travelled nw bt my tyre frequently puncher recent day, give any suggestion, hw s maintain tyre and average worn out period of tyre and which tyre is best for activa (performance and lifetime)A.
Hi Tamil Mani, Two-wheeler tyres usually run well for 15000- 18000 kms, post which they wear out and require replacement. The best way to maintain tyres is to keep them properly inflated, neither over-inflated nor under-inflated. For Activa, you can go for Apollo ActiGrip S3 tyre if you use your vehicle over rough or uneven roads. It offers good grip over wet & dry surfaces and the wide lugs offer good durability over rough terrains. However, if you use your vehicle majorly over highways and well paved roads then go for MRF Zapper ( Scooter ) tyre. RegardsAnswered 08 Nov 2017 11:43:26