Ask our Tyre expert
Are you Confused?
Ask anything & get answer in 48 hours
Recently Asked Questions
- Q.Medium usage. Duke 200. Which tyre should I get?A.
KTM Duke 200 is fitted with 110/70 ZR17 (front) and 150/60 R17 (rear). For front you can choose between Michelin Pilot Street 2, CEAT Rad X1 or TVS Protorq CF for front and for rear pick from CEAT Rad X1, TVS Protorq Sport HR or MRF Revz C1.Answered 26 Mar 2021 04:22:59
- Q.What is the best upsize for Ambassador car, Current size is 165/80/R15. I am planning for tubelessA.
Although the regular size is always the best fit for cars as upsizing impacts the performance and fuel economy of any vehicle. If you can consider, you can go for 195/60 R15. And the choices available under radial tubeless category include CEAT SecuraDrive, JK UX1, and Bridgestone B290.Answered 26 Mar 2021 04:19:30
- Q.Want to upsize my honda city 175/55 R15 to R16, please suggest Honda 2015 ivtech CVT SVA.
Tyre upsize affects fuel efficiency and handling in a car. If you are fine with it, instead of 16-inch rim go for broader width with 195/60 R15 in place of the current 175/65 R15 in your Honda City. You can pick tyre from CEAT SecuraDrive, JK UX1, Yokohama Earth-1 E400.Answered 24 Mar 2021 02:38:14
- Q.I want to switch to tubeless tyres for BMW X1 Sdrive 20I XLine. Which tyres would you recommend. I have had a very bad experience with runflat tyres which I currently have. Also is it advisable to drive with two runflat tyres and two tubeless tyres? ThanksA.
If you mix tyres i.e. runflat + tubeless it will compromise on the overall handling and feedback of the car while drive. You can choose between Pirelli Cinturato P7, Continental Conti Sport Contact 5 and Bridgestone Potenza S001.Answered 09 Mar 2021 04:57:54
- Q.Dominar 400,, please recommend suitable tyres.A.
For the front, you can install MRF Zapper FX1 and Apollo Alpha H1 for the rear. Both of them offers amazing performance.Answered 23 Jan 2020 06:22:53
- Q.Hello, i have Honda City 2014 model, my current tyre size is 175 65 15, i want to upsize my car tyres. what size would be ideal for better grip & braking to drive in highway as well as city. i was recommended 185 60 15 as replacement at a local shop, even i felt the same when i looked at the size. i also want to know which brand is good ? thank youA.
The mentioned upsize tyre of 185/60 R15 by the dealer is correct. However, they are two more options you can go with - 195/60 R15 and 185/65 R15. In the dealer suggested upsize, you will get a lower stance which also means your ground clearance will reduce by upto 3mm. In the 195/60 R15 upsize, you will get increased grip and 3mm rise in ground clearance. You will also experience a slight drop in fuel efficiency. This is the best recommended tyre upsize from our side. The 185/65 R15, you will get the maximum increase in ground clearance but it might foul with the wheel wells. The increased sidewall will also look a bit odd. The best tyres in our recommended upsize are Apollo Alnac 4G S, Bridgestone ER60 and MRF Perfinza CLX1.Answered 06 Jan 2020 11:29:29
- Q.Best budget tyres for ktm rc 200ktm-rc-200ceat-rad-x1metro-conti-goapollo-alpha-h1and-mrf-revz-c1ceat-rad-x1apollo-alpha-h1pirelli-diablo-rosso-iimetzeler-sportec-streetmichelin-pilot-streetA.
Mostly, the tyres made available for performance bike KTM RC 200 (tyre size 110/70 R17 front & 150/60 R17 rear) fall in the premium category. Nonetheless, few budget tyres are offered in the market in the form of CEAT Rad X1 (front), Metro Conti Go Tubeless (front), Apollo Alpha H1 (front), and MRF Revz C1 (rear), CEAT Rad X1 (rear), Apollo Alpha H1 (rear). Other premium offerings offered in this tyre segment are Pirelli Diablo Rosso II, Metzeler Sportec Street, Michelin Pilot Street, etc.
- Q.Best tyre for ktm duke 200ktm-duke-200ceat-rad-x1metro-conti-go-tubelessmetzeler-sportec-streetmetzeler-m7apollo-alpha-h1michelin-pilot-streetktm-duke-200mrf-revz-c1metzeler-sportec-streetA.
The KTM Duke 200 gets 110/70 R17 tyre at the front and 150/60 R17 tyre at the rear. For the front tyre, you can pick any one of these budget tyres - CEAT Rad X1, Metro Conti Go tubeless or Metzeler Sportec Street. If budget is not a constraint, Metzeler M7, Apollo Alpha H1 and Michelin Pilot Street are good options. For the rear tyre of KTM Duke 200, MRF Revz C1 and Metzeler Sportec Street are recommended choices if you are looking for affordable options. In the premium category, you can pick any one among these tyres ? Metzeler M5, Apollo Alpha or Pirelli Diablo Rosso II.