Here Are The Best Tyres For VW Tiguan
Published On 22-Nov-2022
The flagship product from Volkswagen in the Indian car market, Tiguan is a premium midsize SUV which is known for its typical German engineering prowess, premium interior and precise driving dynamics. Here’s comprehensive information on the tyre options available for Volkswagen Tiguan available.
- The Volkswagen Tiguan was launched in 2022 and is currently the most premium SUV offered by the German carmaker in India.
- The facelifted Volkswagen Tiguan gets tweaked all-LED headlamps and tail lamps, along with a more modern-looking front grille.
- The Volkswagen Tiguan is available in India in a single fully-loaded Elegance trim.
- The only variant in which the Volkswagen Tiguan is available in India comes equipped with 235/55 R18 tyres over 18-inch machined alloy wheels.
- The cabin of the Volkswagen Tiguan comes equipped with world-class features like a full-TFT instrument console, touchscreen infotainment system, wireless charger, ventilated front seats and powered front seats.
- The only engine option available in the Volkswagen Tiguan is a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine, which is paired with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission as standard.
- The Tiguan is loaded with safety features like six airbags, a tyre pressure monitoring system, electronic stability control and hill hold assist.
Time and again, Volkswagen has had a noteworthy presence in the premium segment with its globally-acclaimed sedans and SUVs in the Indian car market. One such offering is Volkswagen Tiguan, which is a premium midsize SUV from the German carmaker.
Volkswagen launched the facelifted version of the Tiguan SUV in India in 2022, which, unlike its pre-facelifted version, is now available as a petrol-only model. Also, unlike its seven-seater counterpart, the Tiguan AllSpace, which was available in India for a brief period, the Tiguan is locally assembled in India.
Like usual facelifts for cars, the new Volkswagen Tiguan gets a tweaked front fascia, comprising of edgier and larger-in-size all-LED headlamps, a new bolder-looking grille, new design for the fog lamp inserts and revised front and rear bumper designs. The SUV also gets a fancier-looking set of 18-inch machined alloy wheels and revised LED tail lamps.
On the inside, while the overall layout of the cabin of the facelifted Volkswagen Tiguan is more or less the same as the pre-facelifted version, the interior looks fresher than before due to the inclusion of more new-generation features. The cabin continues to retain the all-black layout with silver and gloss black inserts, with plush leather upholstery all around.
The list of premium features available in the cabin of the Volkswagen Tiguan includes a 10-inch full-TFT instrument console, an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a wireless charger, three-zone automatic climate control, 8-way powered driver’s seat, ambient lighting and a panoramic sunroof.
- Have Any Tyre Related Query? Ask Our Expert
Even the list of standard safety features is comprehensive, with the Tiguan coming with six airbags, ABS with EBD, front and rear parking sensors, hill start assist, hill descent control, tyre pressure monitoring system, cruise control, auto headlamps and rain-sensing wipers.
The only engine with which the Volkswagen Tiguan is currently offered in India is a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine. Paired with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission as standard, the engine produces 190 PS of maximum power and 320 Nm of maximum torque. The Tiguan is available with Volkswagen’s 4MOTION all-wheel-drive system, paddle shifters, three power modes – Eco, Normal and Sport and four drive modes – On-road, Off-road, Off-road Individual and Snow.
The only variant of which the Volkswagen Tiguan available in India is offered in seven colour options, namely Pure White, Onyx White, Deep Black, Dolphin Grey, Reflex Silver, Kings Red and Nightshade Blue. The Volkswagen Tiguan takes on other premium midsize SUVs like Hyundai Tucson, Jeep Compass, Citroen C5 Aircross and Skoda Kodiaq.
Volkswagen Tiguan Tyres and Wheels
Like other Volkswagen offerings, the Tiguan is one fantastic SUV to drive with taut driving dynamics. The SUV is currently available only in one fully-loaded Elegance trim, which comes equipped with 235/55 R18 tyres, which are wrapped over 18-inch machined alloy wheels.
Volkswagen Tiguan Elegance
Tyre Options and Price
The tyre size option available in Volkswagen Tiguan as standard is a common tyre size usually seen in premium and luxury sedans and SUVs. Here are some of the best tubeless and radial tyre options available for Volkswagen Tiguan from popular brands:
Car variant and year
Tyre model and brand
Volkswagen Tiguan Elegance (2022-present)
Falken Ziex ZE914 Ecorun
Rs 13,780 (approx)
CEAT SportDrive SUV
Rs 14,349 (approx)
Pirelli Scorpion Verde
Rs 19,823 (approx)
Pirelli P Zero
Rs 19,925 (approx)
Rs 19,845 (approx)
- Looking for new car tyres? Find a dealer near you