The sole tyre supplier of the MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship Pirelli has announced the finalised line-up of tyres that will be used for racing. All the riders competing in Superbike category will utilise 17-inch pirelli Diablo Superbike tyres, while the Supersport, Superstock 1000 Fim Cup and European Junior Cup participants will use treaded Diablo Supercorsa SC tyre range.
The motorcycles in Superbike category ride on 120/70-17 size tyre in the front and 200/60-17 size at the rear. There are three different tyre compounds available – soft, medium and hard. Additionally, in case of wet conditions, riders will be able to utilise the Diablo rain tyre or Diablo Wet intermediate. Each rider will be allotted eight Diablo Rain and three Diablo Wet intermediate tyre.
The Diablo Superbike qualifier, a supersoft rear tyre will be offered for the Superpole 2 on Saturday.
FIM regulations for the use of tyres in the Superbike class are:
1. The maximum number of tyres which each rider is allowed to use for the entire race weekend (Friday to Sunday) is 24, including 11 front and 13 rear tyres.
2. The maximum permitted number of fitted tyres for each session will be 13 (no distinction between front and rear) for each rider.
3. Free Practices timed for Qualifying, Superpole format and use of the qualifier rear tyres.
4. The Superbike class has two Free Practices timed for Qualifying on Friday, one Free Practice not timed for Qualifying, two Superpole sessions and Race 1 on Saturday, the Warm Up and Race 2 on Sunday.
Regarding the Superpole format and the use of qualifier rear tyres:
1. The riders classified from 11th to the last will take part in Superpole 1 using standard race tyres.
2. The ten fastest riders who will be seeded directly into Superpole 2 will get each one a qualifier rear tyre with a Pirelli label applied on the side.
3. The fastest two riders in Superpole 1 will access Superpole 2 and, only for this second session, they will receive a qualifier rear tyre marked with a Pirelli label on the side.
1. The qualifier rear tyres are marked with a sticker like all the tyres supplied.
2. The riders taking part in Superpole 1 will all have a qualifier rear tyre fitted on the rim.
3. The riders who do not get to Superpole 2 from Superpole 1 must return the unused qualifier rear tyre to Pirelli.
For the Supersport class, racers will use treaded Diablo Supercorsa SC tyres in sizes 120/70 front in SC1 (soft) and SC2 (medium) compounds; and 180/60 rear in SC0 (soft), SC1 (medium) and SC2 (hard) compounds.
For the wet conditions, six Diablo Rain sets and a minimum of one Diablo Wet intermediate tyres will be provided. Unlike the Superbike series, there are no special qualifying tyres allotted on Saturday for Supersport class.
The FIM Supersport World Championship regulations regarding tyres are:
1. The maximum number of tyres allowed in the entire race weekend (Friday to Sunday) is 18, including eight front and 10 rear tyres.
2. The maximum permitted number of fitted tyres for each session will be 11 (no distinction between front and rear) for each rider.
3. The Supersport class has two Free Practice Sessions, timed for Qualifying on Friday, one Free Practice Session not timed for Qualifying and two Superpole sessions on Saturday, one race on Sunday.
4. The Superpole format is similar to the Superbike one, but in Supersport, there are not qualifier rear tyres available for riders.
In the minor classes – Superstock 1000 FIM Cup and the European Junior Cup similar treaded Diablo tyres will be used.