Tata Safari Tyres And Wheels-All You Need To Know
Published On 23-Mar-2021
Tata Safari SUV is equipped with two different tyre and rim sizes across its variant line-up. We bring you its variant by variant wheel and tyre details.
Displayed first at the Auto Expo 2020 as Tata Gravitas, the flagship SUV of Tata Motors hit the showrooms with the ‘Tata Safari’ nameplate in February 2021. The 7-seater premium SUV features Tata’s Impact ideology in the most authentic manner. Complementing the compelling outside the inside remains evenly poised offers loads of convenience and premium traits in every aspect.
The three-row Tata SUV is priced between Rs 14.69-21.45 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi). The Tata Safari is presented in 6 variants – XE, XM, XT, XT+, XZ, and XZ+ – and 4 vibrant shades including Tropical Mist, Royal Blue, Orcus White, and Daytona Grey.
The Safari offers a sole engine choice in the form of a Harrier-borrowed Kryotec 2.0L turbo-diesel engine that gives out 170PS of peak power and a top torque of 350Nm. The 2021 Safari’s refined mammoth motor is mated to a choice of a 6-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic transmission gearbox.
On the wheel and tyre front, the Tata Safari comes stocked with two tyre sizes the lower variants come with 16-inch tyres and steel wheels, while the higher trims are studded with 18-inch tyres and machined alloys.
New Tata Safari Tyres and Wheels
|Variant||Tyre Size||Tyres||Wheel Type||Tyre Type|
|Tata Safari XE||235/70 R16||Bridgestone Ecopia||Stylised Steel Wheel||Tubeless, Radial|
|Tata Safari XM||235/70 R16||Bridgestone Ecopia||Stylised Steel Wheel||Tubeless, Radial|
|Tata Safari XMA||235/70 R16||Bridgestone Ecopia||Stylised Steel Wheel||Tubeless, Radial|
|Tata Safari XT||235/60 R18||Bridgestone Ecopia||Machined Alloy Wheel||Tubeless, Radial|
|Tata Safari XT+||235/60 R18||Bridgestone Ecopia||Machined Alloy Wheel||Tubeless, Radial|
|Tata Safari XZ||235/60 R18||Bridgestone Ecopia||Machined Alloy Wheel||Tubeless, Radial|
|Tata Safari XZA||235/60 R18||Bridgestone Ecopia||Machined Alloy Wheel||Tubeless, Radial|
|Tata Safari XZ+||235/60 R18||Bridgestone Ecopia||Machined Alloy Wheel||Tubeless, Radial|
|Tata Safari XZA+||235/60 R18||Bridgestone Ecopia||Machined Alloy Wheel||Tubeless, Radial|
About Bridgestone Ecopia
The Ecopia range of car and SUV tyres from Bridgestone has been winning hearts for their commendable performance for the last many years. The innovatively developed eco-friendly tyre promises lower carbon footprint emission with its low rolling resistance nature.
Some of the key benefits of the Bridgestone Ecopia are as follows:
- The tyre offers class-leading wet handling with its uniquely designed tread grooves that evacuate water efficiently and prevent aquaplaning.
- Owing to its excellent low rolling friction Bridgestone claims 80 litres of fuel savings every year.
- The Bridgestone Ecopia 850 tyres are developed using a unique rubber compound the tyre offers enhanced tread life.
- The rigid sidewall construction provides high strength safety under uneven conditions.
- The integration of Nano Pro-Tech rubber and high silica decreases energy loss and adds to fuel savings.
- Outstanding traction over the dry surface is assured by the large contact patch of the tyre.
- The tyre provides better braking and handling during high-speed drives and under urban setup.
About Apollo Apterra HP
The Apterra range from Apollo Tyres is specifically developed for the maturing SUV segment in the country. The Apterra HP tyres feature class-leading attributes like all-season traction, responsive handling and safety thereby suiting the needs of the urbane SUVs.
Some of the key benefits of the Apollo Apterra HP comprise of the following:
- It provides precise steering response thanks to its optimized longitudinal rib pattern and sturdy shoulder design.
- The stabilizer grooves inside the shoulder rib call for outstanding stability and control at high speeds.
- The integration of high-quality rubber compound coupled with innovative tread design ensures superior all-weather braking.
- The deep tread grooves allow better water evacuation maintaining ideal contact with the surface under wet situations.
Looking for new tyres? Find dealers near you