Yokohama becomes official tyre provider for the latest BMW X3
Published On 2018-02-14 18:49:21 1404 views
“Advan Sport V105 tyres offer exceptional wet and dry traction along with superior ride comfort and enhanced tread life.”
BMW X3, which would rival Audi’s Q5 and Mercedes’ GLC, would come shod with Yokohama Advan Sport V105 tyres in sizes 225/60 R18 104W and 245/50 R19 105W. These tyres have been specially developed for X3 and come homologated with BMW’s ‘Star’ mark embossed on the sidewall for authenticity.
BMW decided on these tyres after a series of rigorous testing which evaluated tyres across various parameters like wet traction, dry traction, braking, comfort and tread life. Since these tyres have been specially designed for X3, they would offer added comfort with enhanced tread life and improved resistance to abrasions and cuts. Other benefits offered by Advan Sport V105 tyres are:
- Ultra high traction tread compound makes for exceptional wet and dry grip
- Groove in groove technology makes for a very quiet and comfortable ride quality
- Straight channels and sipes make for superior wet grip and performance
- Strong shoulder blocks make for superior cornering capabilities
- Matrix rayon belt for improved resistance to damages
BMW has a lot riding on X3 to revive its position in the luxury SUV segment. The previous iteration of X3 had failed to tilt the balance in its favour and was over shadowed by Audi Q5 and Mercedes GLC. The things have gotten even tighter with Audi having launched latest generation of its popular Q5. It would be interesting to see how X3 stacks up once it hits the market.