One of the most recognized tyre brands in the country's market is TVS. It is a major supplier of tyres for different kinds of two wheelers. Its products are largely preferred because of their high quality and durability as well. Among its several products, Conta 550 is one tyre model that is designed for scooters and it is apt for both front and rear wheel fitment. Its tread design is both attractive and ensures an effective grip on roads. A few other plus points of this tyre includes:
- The depth of its center groove aids in easy flow of water from tread surface.
- Stability is maintained when cornering and even during straight lane driving.
- It prevents hydroplaning besides providing traction on wet roads.
- It has stiffer shoulders and side walls that aids in its longevity.
The company offers this Conta 550 in an attractive price, which is quite reasonable compared to many other products from its competitors.
90 is the width in millimetres of the tyres cross section.
- Aspect Ratio
90 is the Aspect Ratio, it is the ratio of the sidewall height to the cross section width.
Radial construction.R stands for radial-ply construction.
12 inches, stands for the diameter of the wheel that the tyre is designed to fit.
- Load Rating
212 is the load index i.e. the maximum weight each tyre can carry at full speed.
- Speed Rating
J is the speed rating i.e. the maximum speed for the tyre at full load.
Tyre upsize options for Conta 550 90/90 R12 54J Tube
Are you Confused?
Ask anything & get answer in 48 hours
Recently Asked Questions
- Q.what is the difference of TVS contra 550 90/90 r12 54j and ceat secura neo 90/90 r12. which one is betterA.
Hello Muralidhara, While both the tyres are good, Ceat Secura Neo is more suitable over muddy and rough surface while TVS Conta 550 performs better over wet surfaces. On the well paved dry roads they both will ovver similar traction. Choose the tyre as per your usage. RegardsAnswered 13 Dec 2016 11:19:12