Renault Kiger Tyres And Wheels-All You Need To Know
Published On 19-Mar-2021
The Renault Kiger is fitted with standard 16-inch CEAT SecuraDrive tyres.
The latest sub-4m SUV to hit Indian roads is the Renault Kiger. The compact SUV was launched on February 15 at Rs 5.45 lakh (ex-showroom). Just like its platform cousin Nissan Magnite, the Kiger too undercuts all its rivals by a big margin. It is available in four variants – RXE, RXL, RXT and RXZ.
With the CMF-A+ platform, the Renault Kiger is offered with a 1.0-litre naturally aspirated petrol and 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine options. The regular naturally-aspirated petrol engine puts out max power of 72PS and 96Nm of peak torque.
Contrarily, the turbo motor produces 100PS of top power with an impressive torque of 160Nm. A 5-speed manual transmission is standard across the engines. While regular petrol gets AMT option, the turbo pot is available with a CVT option. However, the turbo-CVT combo results in a drop of torque to 152Nm.
Detailing the Renault Kiger tyres and wheels section, the SUV gets 16-inch wheels as standard across the trims. While the lower variants get steel wheels with wheel covers, the top-spec variant gets diamond cut alloys.
Renault Kiger Tyres and Wheels
|Variant||Tyre Size||Tyres||Wheel Type||Tyre Type|
|Renault Kiger RXE, RXL, RXL AMT, Turbo RXL||195/60 R16||CEAT SecuraDrive||Steel with wheel covers||Tubeless, Radial|
|Renault Kiger RXT, RXT AMT, Turbo RXT, Turbo CVT RXT||195/60 R16||CEAT SecuraDrive||Styled flex wheels (5 strokes)||Tubeless, Radial|
|Renault Kiger RXZ, RXZ AMT, Turbo RXZ and Turbo CVT RXZ||195/60 R16||CEAT SecuraDrive||Diamond cut Alloy wheels||Tubeless, Radial|
About CEAT SecuraDrive
Before the Renault Kiger’s launch, it was announced that all Renault Kiger variants would bear the robust CEAT SecuraDrive tyres. Coming from a tyre brand that understands Indian road conditions better than anyone else, the CEAT SecuraDrive tyres are tailor-made to suit our driving habits and roads.
Here are some features of the CEAT SecuraDrive:
- Its design ensures the ride comfort of occupants is maintained all through the journey.
- Its traits such as high-speed stability, safety and superior control over tarmac enhance the overall driving experience of the Kiger.
- The use of silica-rich material in its construction helps in firm grip over a variety of road surfaces. The tyre is made to last long especially for long stretches on highways.
- The firm edges aid in cornering at high speeds, thereby reassuring control to the driver.
- The longitudinal groove, coupled with intelligent sipes, ensures you do not encounter a situation of hydroplaning where you lose control over the tyres.
- The asymmetric tread pattern gives balanced handling with striking steering precision.
- The use of advanced polymer silica compound offers excellent dry and wet braking.
- Moreover, the optimised tread pattern helps cut noise filtering inside the cabin and imparts excellent ride comfort. So, you can enjoy longer journeys listening to your favourite track instead of road noise.
- Lastly, these tyres are highly durable compared to other foreign brands in the market.
To sum up, the combo of Kiger SUV and CEAT SecuraDrive is sure to take you places with authority. Drive safe.
Looking for new tyres? Find dealers near you