Ask Our Tyre expert
Are you Confused?
Ask anything & get answer in 48 hours
Recently Asked Questions
- Q.Can I put a tyre size 195/60/r16 in my altroz for some ground clearance?A.
Tyre upsizing is not recommended by car makers as it affects the fuel mileage and performance of the car. Moreover, opting for 195/60 R16 in place of the existing 195/55 R16 in your Tata Altroz has marginal difference. Therefore, you can make a switch to it as it will have least impact on the overall performance of the car.Answered 09-Jan-2023 16:56:26
- Q.Can I upsize my tyre with same rims from 14 to 15 inch, or completely rim plus tyre to 15inch for altroz, any complications for suspension and performanceA.
Tyre upsizing is not recommended by the car makers as it hinders the engine performance and results in decrease in fuel mileage alongside upset the suspension functioning too. Hence, for balanced performance and stability it is always recommended to go with company fitted tyre size. However, if you still wish to choose 15-inch tyre size over the stock 14-inch tyres, you will have to change the existing 14-inch rim as well to a 15-inch one. Further, if you are looking for more grip and stability, instead of going for 15-inch tyres you can pick any premium tyre pattern from brands such as Michelin, Pirelli and Yokohama.Answered 14-Sep-2022 19:22:17
- Q.Hi, i have tata altroz which have 165/80 R14 and i want to upsize my tyres plz recommended which have more width...can i choose 185/60 R16 OR 195/55 R16 for these upgradation i need to change wheel RIM too? I am feeling not better gripping in 165/80 R14 as well as its not suit altroz in better loking. Plz advice meA.
Tata Altroz is equipped with three tyre sizes across its entire line-up i.e. 165/80 R14, 185/60 R16 and 195/55 R16. Hence, you can choose between any of the two, 185/60 R16 or 195/55 R16. Moreover, to opt for a larger rim tyre i.e. from 14-inch to 16-inch, you need to change the wheel as well.Answered 14-Jul-2022 13:01:46
- Q.I have tata altroz xz optional, it currently has 195/55/R16, i wanna try 215/70/R16. Would that be possible? Will it cause anything, or will i be compromising on anything with this tyre profile?A.
The Tata Altroz with tyre size 195/55 R16 is already running on upsized tyres, as the lower specs are shod with tyre sizes of 165/80 R14 and 185/60 R16. Moreover, tyre upsizing is not recommended by car makers as it hampers the performance and fuel mileage of any vehicle. Thus, it is best to stick with the company stated tyre size.Answered 06-May-2022 15:18:40
- Q.185/60 16R15 can fix for altroz XZ plusA.
The 185/60 R16 is the company-fitted tyre for the Altroz XZ Plus. Other sizes available and recommended for different Altroz variants include 165/80 R14 and 195/55 R16. Tyre sizes other than these will hamper the performance and handling of the car.Answered 29-Mar-2022 15:34:38
- Q.Can we downsize Altroz Xz tyres from 195/55 R16 to Altroz XT turbo tyres 165/80 R14?A.
Although, tyre upsize is not recommended by the carmakers as it affects the fuel mileage and performance of a vehicle. However, in the case of Altroz as both the tyre sizes 195/55 R16 and 165/80 R14 are recommended and come as OE tyres, you can make the switch.Answered 02-Feb-2022 18:08:54
- Q.Should i upgrade altroz xz+ plus diesel tyre 185/60 to 195/55?A.
Tyre upsize is not recommended by the carmakers as it affects the fuel mileage and performance of a vehicle. However, as the 195/55 R16 is already a part of the Altroz portfolio and has a minimal size gap, you can switch to the wider 195/55 R16 instead of the 185/60 R16.Answered 31-Jan-2022 17:27:05
- Q.Tata Altroz 195/55/R16 tyer size upsizing 185/60/R16 for increasing ground clearance.. Pls suggestA.
Tyre upsize is recommended by car manufacturers as it affects the fuel mileage and performance of a vehicle. Moreover, in your case opting for a larger profile tyre may scrape the body of the Altroz. As Altroz offers adequate ground clearence we dont recommend upsize, as it may damage its handling.Answered 22-Oct-2021 13:35:52
- Q.Is it ok to upgrade tyres from Altroz xe rythm 14 inch to 16 inch tyres. What will be the total costA.
Tyre upgrade or upsize is not recommended by the car manufacturers as it affects the mileage and performance of the vehicle. Considering the same if you still want to upsize you can go with a wider 14-inch tyre instead of 16-inch ones, which will be unsafe and will need rim change as well.Answered 15-Sep-2021 12:48:14
- Q.Can I increase Tata Altroz XM tyre size to XT tyre size does it affect fuel efficiencyA.
Yes you can opt for the company recommended tyre size of 195/55 R16 in place of the existing one. The tyre pattern choices available in this size include CEAT SecuraDrive, JK UX Royale and Michelin Primacy 4ST.Answered 29-Aug-2021 13:31:09