Goodyear Tyres in India
Search by Popular Tyre Brands
Ask our Tyre expert
Popular Comparisons for Goodyear Tyres
About Goodyear Tyres
Goodyear Tyre and Rubber Company is a renowned brand in the industry that was started in 1898 in Akron, Ohio. This America based firm was founded by Frank Seiberling and named after Charles Goodyear, who invented vulcanized rubber. In the beginning, it manufactured rubber horseshoe pads as well as tyres for carriages and bicycles. In 1908, Goodyear tyres were used for the Ford’s Model T and the next year, its first aircraft tyre was manufactured. In 1922, the company entered the Indian market and later in 1925, it flew the first Goodyear blimp for advertising purposes. By 1926, it became the world’s biggest rubber company and was listed on the New York stock exchange in 1927. Goodyear tyre India set up its production plant in Ballabgarh, Haryana. In 1984, the country’s largest tyre which was above 8-feet tall was rolled out. In the year 1998, the manufacturer celebrated its 100th anniversary. In 2002, Goodyear became the first tyre maker to launch tubeless tyres and later in 2008, the passenger tyre named Goodyear Assurance was introduced. 2009 witnessed the launch of farm as well as commercial tyres. As of 2010, the company had a work force of about 72,000 employees all over the world.
Goodyear has always strived to produce high quality products, while keeping their prices in a quite low range. The tyre manufacturer has achieved a number of awards and accolades from the time of its inception. A few of them are:
- These are the first tyres to land on the Moon in 1971.
- In 2008, the Forbes magazine and Reputation Institute (RI) had recognized it as one of America’s most respected companies.
- It was ranked 16th on the Forbes magazine’s third annual listing of companies.
- The Fortune magazine had termed it as the world’s most admired company in the motor vehicle parts industry.
- The CRO magazine has listed it among the Top 100 Corporate Citizens.
- It was honored with the R&D 100 Award for an airless tyre capable of transporting large and long range vehicles across the surface of celestial bodies like Moon or Mars.
- It is one of the most successful tyre suppliers in Formula One history and for NASCAR series.
Goodyear tyres India offers a number of products that are suitable for vehicles like buses, trucks, SUVs, passenger cars and light commercial vehicles as well. There are several dealers available in major cities across the country including Goodyear tyres Bangalore. The list of tyres used for passenger vehicles include:
- Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max
- Goodyear Eagle EfficientGrip
- Goodyear Ducaro Hi-Miler
- Goodyear GPS2
- Goodyear Eagle NCT5
- Goodyear GT3
The company manufactures its products for sports utility vehicles also. Buyers can seek help of the authorized dealers closer to them. Some of these rugged tyres include:
- Goodyear Wrangler HP AW
- Goodyear EfficientGrip SUV
- Goodyear Wrangler F-1
This firm is also engaged in supplying varied products for industrial purposes apart from manufacturing tyres. The list is as follows:
- Hydraulic products
- Synthetic rubber for medical applications
- Molded transportation products
- Power transmission products
- Synthetic rubber for chewing gum and
- Conveyor belt materials.
User Reviews for Goodyear Tyres
User Reviews for Goodyear Tyres(15)
- By NishantPosted on 2015-03-31 14:29:064.2
Right now, there are a number of companies engaged in producing different kinds of tyres and
- By Ritika KaliaPosted on 2015-03-31 14:27:304.3
Goodyear is a renowned tyre making firm that specializes in offering a wide range of radials for
- By AbhishekPosted on 2015-03-31 14:25:044
At present, Goodyear stands amongst the popular tyre makers that has a number of customers all over
- By Sagar GhughePosted on 2015-03-31 14:22:044
Goodyear tyres have a lot of demand in the market since they are known for their superior quality
- By Arsh SharmaPosted on 2015-03-18 10:38:304.1
Goodyear is one of the most popular tyre making firms that has produced a wide range of radials.
- By Neeraj KumarPosted on 2015-03-16 14:18:284.3
The DP-C1 is one of the best radials, another fine achievement from Goodyear. It has a great
- By DharshanPosted on 2015-03-16 14:16:484.3
The radials from Goodyear have quality in every regard. This is a model that brings the best
- By Rajendra SinghPosted on 2015-03-11 17:46:083.5
This is another stunning model from Goodyear, a tyre company that has captivated people on the
- By Poonam malviyaPosted on 2015-03-11 17:44:154.6
The range of tyres from a company like Goodyear are sure to hit the best quality possible. The GT3
- By Vishal KotarPosted on 2015-03-05 15:58:164.3
Goodyear has made its mark in the tyre industry by producing high quality products that are
- By NishaPosted on 2015-03-05 15:53:293.7
Goodyear has basked in acclaim for years, leading the tyre industry and raising standards by many
- By Rajendra SinghPosted on 2015-03-05 15:48:274.4
Today, Goodyear stands among the top most tyre manufacturers, which has its customers spread all
- By AnjanPosted on 2015-03-05 15:42:303.2
Goodyear is one of the renowned tyre brands in the world that is trusted by countless people all
- By SachinPosted on 2015-03-04 14:33:393.6
Goodyear stands amongst several top tyre making firms today, and the models offered by it, are
- By NaveenPosted on 2015-03-03 15:58:453.6
Goodyear is renowned in the area of tyre making, and not without good reason. The Eagle F1 GSD3