JK Tyre Launches Puncture Guard Tyres For Four- Wheelers
Published On 25-Mar-2022
Tyres with this technology can self-repair the multiple punctures in the tread area, due to nails or other sharp objects up to 6.0 mm diameter instantly ,claims JK Tyre.
- With the new Puncture Guard tyres, JK Tyre is offering a unique tyre which can heal puncture holes on its own.
- These tyres feature a specially-engineered self-healing elastomer inner coat, which is present within the tyre’s surface
- The unique Puncture Guard tyres can heal puncture holes of sizes up to 6mm.
- The puncture holes created by sharp objects like nails and screws can get healed on their own in these tyres.
- The Puncture Guard tyres from JK Tyre have been tested on all types of roads, including off-road conditions.
- The Puncture Guard tyres are currently available only for mass-market cars and SUVs.
JK Tyre & Industries Ltd., has launched India’s first Puncture Guard Tyres for four-wheelers. With this new tyre technology the company, aims to revolutionize the industry with Puncture Guard Tyres for new generation cars available in market.
The Puncture Guard tyre technology, with specially engineered self-healing elastomer inner coat, applied inside the tyres through an automated process, heals the punctures, said JK Tyre in a release.
Tyres with this technology can self-repair the multiple punctures in the tread area, due to nails or other sharp objects up to 6.0 mm diameter instantly. Puncture Guard tyre offers hassle free ride throughout the life of the tyre without air loss, it further added.
Commenting on the occasion, Dr. Raghupati Singhania, Chairman & Managing Director said, “JK Tyre has always been a front-runner when it comes to innovation-led technological development. With the introduction of Smart tyre technology in 2020 and now the Puncture Guard Tyre technology, we have yet again delivered on our commitment to provide advanced mobility solutions to our customers.”
“This technology offers high level of safety and convenience to vehicle owners. The Puncture Guard tyre technology was part of the concept tyres unveiled at the Auto Expo 2020 and in line with JK Tyre’s initiative to foray into breakthrough innovations this year.”
To ensure safe rides, the advanced Puncture Guard tyre has been tested across all Indian on-road, as well as off-road conditions. The tyres are secure, unique and designed for optimal performance, drastically improving road safety while mitigating any potential accidents.
- Looking for new JK car tyre? Find a dealer near you