Top 10 Advantages of Tubeless Tyres
Published On 2015-02-23 08:33:38 8144 views
Here’s a list of advantages of switching to tubeless tyres in your car or SUV
Tyres significantly impact the way a vehicle grips the surface and handles. They not only affect the fuel efficiency but also determine passengers’ and vehicle’s safety. While buying tyres, the preliminary denomination that we come across is tube-less or tube type tyres. Let’s understand the basic difference between these two types of tyres.
Difference between tubeless and tube-type tyres:
A tube-type tyre comes with a an inflatable tube placed on the inside. The air in this tube doubles up as a cushion and makes for a smooth and comfortable riding experience even on an undulated tarmac.The tube balances the load of the car and improves dynamic stability.
A tubeless tyre, on the other hand, does not require a separate air tube inside it. The rim of the wheel and the tire form an airtight seal. The rate of deflation of these tyres is less as compared to the ones with tube. Tubeless tyres weigh less, thus reducing un-sprung weight of the vehicle. This improves the performance of the vehicle by improving the maneuverability and handling. These tyres make use of continuous rib moldings which are integrated in to the beads of the tyre, thus sealing the tyre pressure.
Advantages of Tubeless tyres:
1) The rate of deflation is slow and uniform, giving driver enough time to reach the nearest tyre repair centre. This slow rate of deflation also means that the driver gets enough time to slow down the vehicle.
2) Offer low resistance while driving, making the car feel lighter.
3) Offer improved stability and a comfortable ride.
4) Last longer and are more durable than tube type tyres.
5) Repairing a tubeless tyre is relatively easy and not so pressing. Your vehicle can run a good number of kilometres if you keep refilling air.
6) Better heat dissipation as the air is in direct contact with the rim.
7) Damage to the tyre is less in case of a flat tyre because of the absence of the tube and slow rate of deflation.
8) The light weight of the tyres improves fuel efficiency.
9) Ability to use liquid sealant for automatic puncture repairs. Modern tubeless tyres can be filled with liquid sealants. When a sharp object cuts down a hole in the tyre, the sealant oozes through it and dries – hence plugging the puncture. It can be very handy when you are off-roading or travelling through long highway stretches.
10) Running your vehicle with low air pressure can also cause damage to tyres with tubes. However, there is no such problem when you have tubeless tyres. We still recommend getting your tyres regularly checked for air pressure for a smooth driving experience.