Tyre Upsize Calculator
Tyre Upsize / Plus Sizing Calculator helps you to find the optimal tyre size, to which you can upgrade when you wish to install larger wheels on your car.
This tool will be helpful if you plan to:
- Install a low profile tyre.
- Install a broader tyre (with larger width) ( Read: How Tyre / Rim Upsizing affects your car drive? )
There is a limit to which you can do this because, you cannot increase the total diameter (Rim + tyre cross section) of your tyre greater than 3% ( Read: How is it calculated? )
Things You Should Know
- Adds a sleek and sturdier look to your car.
- Steering response and handling is improved, Allows eased driving and better stability.
- Provides a higher grip and traction, improves braking distance.
- Helps the vehicle in high speed cornering.
- Fuel efficiency is decreased.
- Speedometer and odometer no longer reads correctly.
- Increased tread wear.
- Tyre interchangeability is not always possible.
There is not much scope to increase the Total Diameter of the tyre that comes originally fitted in your car.
- Total Diameter = Wheel/Rim Diameter + Sidewall
This total diameter can only be increased by 3%, for a safe upsize of tyre.
So, we calculate the total diameter for each tyre size and then compare this with the total diameter of the size that is originally fitted in your car.
If the difference lies within this range of 3 %, then only we would recommend that tyre.